10 Smoky Mountain Animals Acting Like Humans
Let’s admit it: we humans are a little full of ourselves. And why shouldn’t we be? What other animal can cure diseases, travel to outer space, or microwave pizza rolls at 3:00 a.m.? While it’s clear that opposable thumbs have served us well, we may not be quite as special as we think.
If you spend some time with the wildlife in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, you’ll see that many of the behaviors we consider to be uniquely human are commonplace in the animal kingdom. Don’t believe us? Just look at these 10 Smoky Mountain animals acting like people:
1. This bear having a panic attack.
2. This deer playing with his pet pug.
3. This squirrel eating straight from the jar.
4. This salamander waking up on the wrong side of the bed.
5. This raccoon singing in the shower.
6. This bear cub playing on a jungle gym.
7. This chipmunk auditioning for the Gatlinburg production of Swan Lake.
8. This deer who isn’t ready to leave the pool.
9. This woodchuck casually enjoying an ice cream cone.
10. This little bear with a bad case of bed head.
As you can see, we aren’t so different from our four-legged brethren. Just like us, they laugh, cry, love, dream, and look very silly on camera.
Want to see these incredible Smoky Mountain animals for yourself? Check out our blog Where and When to Spot Your Favorite Smoky Mountain Wildlife for a complete guide to wildlife viewing in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park!