Listen To This Article - Click Play
Every year, Dollywood features an exciting variety of festivals, with delicious foods from all over the world and even new shows throughout the season. In this article, you’ll find the inside scoop about the Dollywood festival schedule and what to expect at each event.
Rock the Smokies
- September 2, 2017
Rock the Smokies is a Christian music event that’s sure to bring families and friends together.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Popular Christian artists, including Casting Crowns and Mac Powell
- Energizing music and fun for families, student groups and church retreat groups
- This is a ticketed event, so you’ll want to make sure to grab your tickets when you purchase your admission. Ticket details can be on the event’s website.
- September 29 – October 28, 2017
This Dollywood festival is on schedule for another year, of course! The entire month of October focuses on gospel music, harvest decorations and arts and crafts.
This year, you can expect:
- Thousands of carved and illuminated jack-o-lanterns throughout the park (a.k.a. Great Pumpkin LumiNights)
- Pumpkin-themed foods
- More shows on the 2017 Dollywood festival schedule
- Lots of artisans and arts and crafts demonstrations
You may also like: 6 Things You Don’t Know About the Dollywood Harvest Festival.
Smoky Mountain Christmas
- November 4, 2017 – January 1, 2018
Join Dollywood as they celebrate the holiday season with Christmas lights, Christmas cookies and so much more! Bundle up in a warm jacket and make your way to Dollywood when you want to be put right into the holiday spirit.
What you’ll see at the Smoky Mountain Christmas festival at Dollywood:
- An adaptation of It’s a Wonderful Life
- Meet Rudolph and friends
- Parade of Lights with holiday floats and characters
Festival of Nations
- TO BE ANNOUNCED (Projected Dates: March 18 – April 17, 2018)
Do you love experiencing cultures from all around the world? What about tasting food from different countries and seeing shows and performances that highlight award-winning dancers and performers? The Festival of Nations may be the Dollywood festival for you!
From all around the world, performers and vendors set up to share their culture with visitors to the Dollywood theme park. Every year, the park introduces new Festival of Nations shows and performances throughout the park.
Here’s a few of the things you can expect to see at Festival of Nations:
- Incredible music and dancing
- More than 12 countries represented
- Exotic foods and international celebrations
Barbeque & Bluegrass
- TO BE ANNOUNCED (Projected Dates: May 12 – May 21, 2018)
The Barbeque & Bluegrass festival at Dollywood is a mouthwatering celebration that brings together two Southern favorites — delicious, slow cooked barbeque and toe-tapping bluegrass music.
Here’s what you can expect at the Barbeque & Bluegrass festival:
- Tons of flavorful barbeque dishes from professional chefs
- Bluegrass music from different groups and bands throughout the festival, all over the park
Summer Lives Here
- TO BE ANNOUNCED (Projected Dates: June 10 – August 6, 2018)
Celebrate the summer with Dollywood’s Summer Lives Here festival! The sun will be shining and there will be lots of fun throughout the park!
These are some highlights of the Summer Lives Here Dollywood festival:
- Extended hours
- Nightly fireworks extravaganzas (Dolly’s Night of Many Colors)
- Gazillion Bubbles Show
Find out more information about all of these Dollywood festivals.
Dollywood 2017 Schedule
The Easiest Way to Save Money on Tickets to Dollywood in Pigeon Forge
There are a few ways you can save money at Dollywood, but the easiest way is to get 2 days for the price of 1. When you pay for admission after 3 p.m., you will receive the next day free. With this deal, you’re actually getting both days at the park for the price of a single day!
For more savings, check out our 15 Tips and Tricks for Saving Money at Dollywood.
Buy Dollywood Tickets
It’s easiest to purchase your tickets ahead of time through Visit My Smokies. Click here to purchase tickets to Dollywood and, unlike many places where you purchase tickets, you’ll receive free cancellation to a certain date. This way, if you need to change your plans around, you won’t lose any money on your tickets!
Finding a cabin in Pigeon Forge should be just as exciting as planning your trip to Dollywood! Make sure to look at all of the great cabins in Pigeon Forge for your next vacation.