Sevier County is the perfect place to get married! But, before you walk down the aisle couples must have a Tennessee marriage license and adhere to Tennessee marriage requirements.
It is very easy to get a marriage license in Tennessee. You can pre-apply online up to 30 days before your wedding. After applying for the license, couples can pick it up at one of the Marriage License Centers in Sevier County.
You can also apply in person at one of the Tennessee Marriage License Centers and complete the form there with the help of an employee of the County Clerk’s Office.
The requirements are as follows:
- Both participants must be 18 years of age
- Present a valid driver’s license or certified birth certificate
- Must provide their Social Security number
- If not a United States Citizen, you must present a valid passport
- If either party has been divorced or widowed, you will need to know the exact date the divorce was final, or date of death. If the bride has had a name change in her divorce and has not had her name changed on her driver’s license, she will need to provide a certified copy of her divorce decree
- There is no blood test
- There is no waiting period
- License must be used within 30 days of issuance
- License may be used the same day it is issued
- Fee for out of state residents is $41.00 cash, or we also accept Visa or MasterCard in their office with a small processing fee. If purchased online with a credit card the total is $48.00
- Fee for Tennessee residents is $101.00 cash, or we also accept Visa or MasterCard in the office with a small processing fee. If purchased online with a credit card the total is $108.00. The $60.00 fee will be waived if applicants complete a four hour premarital course and present a notarized certificate of completion, which can be obtained through their office.
We are not able to send out applications for a marriage license. However, you may go online and pre-apply here. Both participants must appear in person to pick up the marriage license. Office hours are as follows:
Sevier County, Tennessee Marriage License Centers
Please call offices ahead as hours of operation are subject to change.
Gatlinburg Shilling Center
405 Reagan Drive
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8:00am until 4:30pm
Saturday 9:00am until 1:00pm
If a minor is interested in applying for a marriage license, you will need to contact marriage license center’s office for specifics. If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact the marriage license center’s office at any time.
If you need more information on acquiring your marriage license in Tennessee, please call one of the centers above.