Listen To This Article - Click Play
When the sun goes down in Gatlinburg, there is still plenty of fun to be had! Our Smoky Mountain city is home to a wonderful collection of evening activities that are popular with visitors and locals alike. To help you make the most of your vacation, Visit My Smokies has put together a guide to four of the best things to do in Gatlinburg at night.
1. Take a Ghost Tour
A guided tour with Ghostwalk of Gatlinburg is one of the spookiest (and most fun) ways to spend a night in the Smokies. A costumed storyteller will lead you through the streets of Gatlinburg and take you to some of the city’s most haunted locations. Along the way, guests will hear gripping tales from Gatlinburg’s past and some truly chilling ghost stories. Tours are offered throughout the year at 9 p.m., 10:30 p.m., and midnight. Children 12 and under are free with a paying adult.
2. Enjoy Live Music
Gatlinburg is home to a number of restaurants that offer wonderful live music at night. Here are a few of our favorite spots to hear some tunes while you dine:
- Loco Burro has live entertainment on most weekends. During the summer, the restaurant also hosts musicians throughout the week. This great Tex-Mex destination is also known for its bucking mechanical donkey ride and its fun rooftop dining area with a firepit.
- Crystelle Creek Restaurant & Grill offers live entertainment every single night of the week, with a rotating lineup of some of Gatlinburg’s best musicians. On the second Monday of every month, Crystelle Creek hosts the Smoky Mountain Songwriters Festival, which features award winning singers and songwriters.
- Smoky Mountain Brewery usually has live music or an open mic night on Monday through Saturday. This restaurant and bar is famous for its microbrewed beer and mouthwatering food.
- Three Jimmy’s provides entertainment most nights of the week. If you have a great set of pipes (or you’re comfortable with public humiliation), be sure to come for one of the restaurant’s fun karaoke nights!
3. See a Show
Catching a show is another one of our favorite things to do in Gatlinburg at night. The Iris Theater at the Gatlinburg Space Needle hosts some of the nation’s best magicians, mentalists, and mind readers for months (and sometimes years) at a time. These Las Vegas caliber shows are sure to thrill your entire family.
For a different type of evening show in Gatlinburg, check out the Sweet Fanny Adams Theatre. Specializing in silly, clean comedy, this theater has been keeping audiences in stitches for over 40 years! If you’re a fan of Monty Python or the Carol Burnett Show, you will love the Sweet Fanny Adams Theatre.
4. Ride the Gatlinburg Sky Lift
While the Gatlinburg Sky Lift is fun to ride during the day, it is even better at night! From high atop this scenic chairlift ride, guests will enjoy breathtaking views of Gatlinburg’s glittering lights. If you are planning a romantic night out with your sweetheart, a ride on the Gatlinburg Sky Lift is the perfect way to end the evening. Couples can even get a special souvenir photo taken of them riding the Sky Lift!
For a complete guide to the best things to do in Gatlinburg at night and during the day, check out our Gatlinburg Attractions page!