Families visiting will never run out of fun things to do in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. This mountain destination offers a wide range of family attractions and things to see and explore during every season. From downhill skiing and snowtubing in the winter months to enjoying a round of miniature golf and visiting the local museums during the summer, there’s sure to be attractions in Gatlinburg TN that will amuse each and every member of your family. These top 8 family attractions in Gatlinburg will involve the whole family through fun and exciting opportunities that you will not find anywhere else.
1. Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies – Located in the great Smokey Mountains of Gatlinburg, Tennessee is Ripley’s Aquarium. This amazing aquarium features over 30 different hands-on displays that both children and parents will enjoy. Walk through a covered tunnel as sharks, the ocean’s deadliest predators, swim around you at every angle. Giant sea turtles, penguins and tropical fish make up the many exhibits that can be found here. Even feel a stingray at the touch tanks. This attraction in the perfect place to visit when traveling with both young and older children.
2. Hillbilly Golf – Practice your swing at the Hillbilly Golf miniature golf coarse. Choose to play at one of the two different sides of the coarse, running into strange roadblocks along the way. Families will have a blast attempting to shoot their golf balls through outhouses, plants and moonshine jugs that were left behind by the hillbillies.
3. Fannie Farkle’s Family Fun Parlor – Let loose at Fannie Farkle’s Family Fun Parlor, where kids can be kids and adults can act like children. This entertainment center features a wide variety of fun-filled games such as the ever-popular skee-ball. Fannie Farkle’s also serves up some of the areas most delicious smoked sausage and corn dogs.
4. Gatlinburg Sky Lift – Take the family for a tram ride up to mountain via the Gatlinburg Sky Lift. Enjoy amazing views of the mountain on this slow-moving ride that goes up and down the mountain range.
5. CLIMB Works Canopy – Learn about the Smokey Mountains through a thrilling family-oriented adventure. Zipline over streams, through trees and take in the sights from a birds-eye view.
6. Sugarland Riding Stables – Enjoy the great outdoors on horseback. Young children, older children and adults can saddle up for a guided tour right through the mountains.
7. Sweet Fanny Adams Theatre – The Sweet Fanny Adams Theatre specializes in funny, clean comedy shows for the family. Shows change with the seasons and guests are urged to purchase tickets in advance.
8. Ober Gatlinburg – No matter when you visit Gatlinburg, Ober Gatlinburg featuring year-round fun with snow skiing, tubing and sledding even in the summer months one cold activity that can be enjoyed is the indoor ice skating rink. Year round there is an amusement park that offers a variety of family attractions in the one location as well as an amazing view overlooking Gatlinburg.