Everyone’s favorite holiday hero is returning to Pigeon Forge this season! Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and his famous friends from the classic Christmas special will be at Dollywood as part of the theme park’s annual Smoky Mountain Christmas Festival. Running from November 5, 2016 through January 1, 2017, this beloved event transforms Dollywood into a winter wonderland complete with millions of lights, amazing Christmas shows, and uplifting holiday music. Read on for everything you need to know about Rudolph’s arrival and all of the fun going on at the Smoky Mountain Christmas Festival at Dollywood.
Meet Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
Rudolph the Red Nosed-Reindeer is the longest running Christmas TV special in history! Premiering in 1964, this holiday classic has aired every year since its original broadcast. This Christmas season, the stars of this beloved movie will be at Dollywood to meet with children and have their pictures taken. Here is a quick look at who will be visiting the theme park this year:
- Rudolph the Red Nosed-Reindeer – Born with a glowing nose, Rudolph saves Christmas by guiding Santa’s sleigh through a stormy night.
- Clarice – Rudolph’s love interest, who wants to be his friend when no one else does.
- Yukon Cornelius – A rambunctious prospector who is constantly on the hunt for silver and gold.
- Bumble – An Abominable Snow Monster who is attracted to Rudolph’s glowing nose.
Rudolph and all of his friends will be at the Holly Jolly Junction throughout the Smoky Mountain Christmas Festival, so be sure to stop by and say hello! You can learn more about meeting Rudolph on the official Dollywood website.
More Christmas Fun at Dollywood
There is so much going on during the Smoky Mountain Christmas Festival at Dollywood! Here are some of our favorite things to see at the theme park this year:
- Parade of Many Colors – Holiday characters will ride incredible Christmas floats that are decked out in dazzling lights.
- It’s a Wonderful Life – Dollywood stages an adaption of the beloved holiday movie.
- Appalachian Christmas – Fans of bluegrass and country will love this acoustic holiday concert at the Back Porch Theater.
- O’ Holy Night – This heartwarming nativity story captures the true meaning of Christmas.
- Timber Canyon Festival of Lights – The Timber Canyon area of the park comes to life with thousands of holiday lights that synchronize with Christmas music each night.
- Christmas With the Kingdom Heirs – Dollywood’s Southern Gospel quartet will perform classic hymns and holiday tunes.
- ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas – A mysterious stranger with a white beard visits an ordinary family in this special musical show.
- Christmas in the Smokies – Hear all of your favorite Christmas songs performed by a tremendously talented 14 member cast.
Buy Your Dollywood Tickets!
Planning your vacation? Go ahead and click here to purchase Dollywood tickets for your visit around the holiday season. We offer free cancellation on all of our Dollywood tickets, so you can rest assured you won’t lose your money if there’s a slight change of plans!
Looking for even more things to do in Pigeon Forge? Check out our Smoky Mountain Events Calendar to learn about all of the amazing holiday celebrations in East Tennessee!